Code snippet overflowing out of the textbox UI

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

1. Make a note in a line
  2. Paste a long code snippet/ any dummy long line in a Note . (Use Shift+enter to enter a Note, then inside double ticks `` paste code.)
  3. Go to next line, so that rendered code is visible in red.
  4. You’ll observe line overflow.

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?
properly aligned code

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?
code overflowing out of the UI.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Windows
Which browser are you using? Chrome
If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist? 1.3.0
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack? Using an autohotkey script(scriptfile on desktop) for Triggering capturing to inbox. Not used in this problem.

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.
2nd, 3rd code snippets have overflow out of the textbox.

in the 2nd screenshot, the overflow is only the last one, as length of line is long. the overflow in 2nd last code snippet disappears as the Keyboard shortcut was closed.

Additional comments

Hmm that is ugly… Perhaps a way to scroll the box itself (left-right) once it overflows to the right side would be sufficient?

1 Like

@SA: thanks for the report, I can repro this issue and have fixed it. The fix will be available on the web app soon.

Also, for multi-line code, I recommend using three backticks instead of one. Not only does it not have this issue, it also provides syntax highlighting to your snippet (unless that’s undesirable in your use case).

1 Like

yep, i think so.

thanks for the ``` tip. Just to be clear, I was using the Windows app for this. though, it occurs on the web app too. Is the windows app a web app Electron wrapper?

Yes it is. The desktop app is usually behind the web app by a bit.

1 Like