Clipper extension - what inputs should it have when you click its icon in browser?

• Change the behavior: Only ask for the %title% variable. The %url% should always come from the address bar, and the markdown for Title and Note should always come from settings. You just press tab, type something, hit enter. Easy.
  • Keep current behavior: Ask user to edit the full, populated markdown. For example you prefer to select text from Title: [Super long title that goes way past the width of the field so you have to scroll drag to find the end](URL that you for some reason want to be editing) Note: [Super long title that goes way past the width of the field so you have to scroll drag to find the end](URL that you for some reason want to be editing) or whatever your default markdown may be.

0 voters

I would love a third option, which is for it to send the payload to my inbox without any further action.

So clipping a web page with no selection would be a one-step process (press clipper), and clipping a selection would be a two-step process (highlight text to select, press clipper). If I want to add a note or otherwise modify what’s clipped, I can always do that later in Dynalist.

5 Likes

You could set a keyboard shortcut in chrome://extensions/shortcuts and “AutoHotkey” the process.

I’d love if I have something similar to Roam Highlighter … where i can actually highlight a bunch of things and then send them together as one item… or something like that.

I am currently annoyed with the fact that I can only add quotes one by one with defuses the purpose of highlighting some text as you go.

For reference: Roam Highlighter

2 Likes

Tried this? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/afnffidekokfdaepocnkcmmepjibjhln

1 Like

OMG - Thank you so much! This is fantastic. – I just wish I could also have this for mobile…

1 Like

On 'droid, the Kiwi browser is able to use most Chrome plugs.
[5 min later]
I tested it. Without a cursor it seems to be able to select / highlight by single words only. And even if we select a bunch of words in a row, the highlighter does not select the spaces, so in Dynalist we get a list of single words :slight_smile: (Could be useful in some cases.)

Anywho, I have a feeling that on mobile devices with stylus support, where we see a circle when the stylus is hovering above the screen, it might work. Maybe same if we enable a visible cursor?

To be cont…

1 Like