Can't type on my android

Steps to reproduce

Open the app on my Google pixel phone, can see notes and lists but cannot type anything! Keyboard just doesn’t pop up. This happened out of nowhere. Was working but suddenly stopped.

Expected result

Expect to see the keyboard.

Actual result

Keyboard doesn’t pop up on screen, doesn’t show typing cursor. Just clicks into the task.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?

Version 1.2.2 on android.

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

Is it possible that you accidentally enabled Lock Mode?

If the lock icon is blue, it means you can only view, and the purpose is to prevent accidentally making the keyboard pop up when you just want to read.

haha, yes that’s what happened! thanks! (p.s. that’s not the most intuitive so bit of product feedback for you to take back to the team. I spent a while trying to figure this out through the UI).

Any idea how we can make it more obvious? It used to be the case that the Lock icon didn’t even light up.

Now we made it blue when it’s activated. Is there anything more we can do without compromising user experience? Asking for confirmation each time you tap on the Lock icon seems like an overkill.

Maybe two lock icons: open and closed ones.

Maybe that helps. Don’t think the OP will find out in his/her case though, since he/she wasn’t looking at the lock icon despite it being blue :confused: