Cannot make bold in web version

Steps to reproduce

1. I often use the app version before, it is working well.
  2. But when i try to use the web version, I cannot make bold or make italics in web version.
  3. if I use the shortcut Ctrl+B or Ctrl+I, it will display "****"or “____” on the item instead of make bold or make italics.

Expected result

make bold or make italics.

Actual result

if I use the shortcut Ctrl+B or Ctrl+I, it will display "****"or “____” on the item instead of make bold or make italics.

Environment

System: Windows 7 Ultimate version.
Browser: 360 browser or QQ browser.
app version: pc web version

This is actually the way bolding and italicizing works for our app.
It’s a markdown type of formatting that allows you to see exactly where the formatting will be placed.

When you Ctrl+B and ** this ** appears, anything written between these four asterisks will appear bolded when you select outside of the item. The same goes for __ these __.

More info on formatting options can be found here: https://help.dynalist.io/article/90-formatting-reference

1 Like

OK. I got it, thanks. I thought there is a bug on web server, actually there is a bug in my mind:)
But it will be more convenient if it makes bold directly after i select the content and press Ctrl+B, just like MS Office.

There’s an existing feature request for it to make Dynalist formatting work more visually: Visual editing (WYSIWYG)

Unfortunately we set up the Markdown infrastructure waaaay back, so it’s not easy to change :frowning:

It is good enough at present, It is acceptable. Thank you:grinning: