Calendar integration

I will test this out as soon as I get the chance to.

Update:

We’ve got many great feedback since Google Calendar integration was released, and we plan to do the following polishing in the following week:

1. Remove the corresponding event in Google Calendar if the item gets deleted in Dynalist;
  2. Dates without a specific time will be displayed as all-day events;
  3. A default setting for syncing documents. For example, if you turn it on, the dates in all documents will be synced unless explicitly overridden.
  4. Add a link to the original item to the description field as well, since some calendar clients do not display the source field.

Because events are only updated when items are edited, it would be a lot of work for you to manually edited all the dates you have. We’ll provide a temporary button to force update all the documents that has Google Calendar sync turned on.

Then update will likely arrive next week and we’ll post about in the blog and on Twitter.

6 Likes

You Developers Rocks :guitar:Truly :sunglasses:

Listing to users :busts_in_silhouette:

Together :couple::two_men_holding_hands::two_women_holding_hands: we make this WorkflowHQ better and better :footprints::mountain:

Looking forward to next iteration of incredible Product

Cheers
Dimitry

2 Likes

Not sure what I am doing wrong…I have reviewed and followed the directions again…where exactly is one supposed to right click to …“Turn on Google Calendar sync”. ? I have not found this choice or command anywhere…

Right click on a document in the left pane.

All is working well now.
Still not sure where the problem was…I started from scratch: rebooted PC, followed all the steps - now it works.

Thanks for your guidance.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know it’s working now!

1 Like

What happens if you delete the document, and if a point is relocated elsewhere (which I believe changes the node’s link)?

1 Like

The calendar integration is very good. The current integration syncs all documents to a single google calendar. Can we have different documents sync to different google calendars? Can you add this feature to your roadmap?

2 Likes

Hi Erica,

Love the new feature to synx tasks to my Calendar with ease :heart_eyes:
Is it possible sometime in the future to have time slots with Google Sync.

Let me explain more with an example

• Check Email every morning !(2017-02-14 9:00 1h)

Like to see when sync to my Google Calendar that event is created for 14/2 at 9:00 - 10:00.

Cheers
Dimitry Jacobs

2 Likes

Another update: we’ve fixed/improved all the things mentioned above.

Now the only known bug left is that for time zones beyond UTC (e.g. UTC+2), all-day events are off by one day. We’ll fix that really soon too.

The newest version that contains the fixes above are available on web and Android beta right now; it will arrive at all platforms very soon.

1 Like

I’ll keep this thread open in case someone has Gcal related questions.

1 Like

I just set this up, and it is working great so far.

Is there a way to delete items from the Google calendar once they have been checked off in Dynalist? In other words, only sync the unchecked items?

Following up from my previous post, I tried deleting all checked items, expecting the calendar entries in Google Calendar to also be deleted.

Instead, the titles were deleted so they now appear in my calendar as “(No title)”.

The same thing happens after I delete an unchecked item.

I would expect the calendar entries to be deleted, rather than just their title.

That’s not possible right now, but there’s a shortcut to delete checked items. It’s available in the item menu (available by clicking on the hamburger menu icon on the left or each item).

That appears to be a bug… it should be completed deleted. We’re fixing it right now and after it’s fixed you should be able to clear these untitled events by turning off gcal sync for that document and turning it on again.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

1 Like

Any future plans for two-way Google Calender integration? It would be a dramatic improvement if I could change events on my calender.

2 Likes

Not right now.

That might be technically hard as we need to get notified when you change things on Google Calendar. That would be up to how much support the Google Calendar API provides.

Also it’s less straight-forward to how convert a Google Calendar event to a Dynalist time. For example, there’s the location field that we don’t know how to properly convert over.

We’ll think about it though!

3 Likes

Any extra calender fields that are added could be inserted as subitems or notes with a tag identifying the field. That would be awesome! And a notificatipn whenever the event is changed outwide of Dynalist would be good too. Thanks for considering, so ready to use Dynalist as a complete Calender!

2 Likes

Any plans on providing two way sync?

2 Likes

google calendar does support push notifications that are sent out whenever an event is modified in the calendar. https://developers.google.com/calendar/v3/push

1 Like