Bad scroll behavior

Steps to reproduce

It only happened just now, I don’t know how to make it always happen.

At the end of my document are two items. The last item is empty.
I have the cursor at the second last item, and I type cursor-down. The document scrolls so the last item is not visible. This also happens if I mouse-click the text area of the last item.

My only option from here is either to blindly type, or use the scrollbar to put this back on-screen.

This seems not to happen if the last item is not empty.

This happened before the latest update. I updated to the latest. It still happens.

Okay, so I scrolled way down so there’s a lot of blank space visible at the bottom. Each time I type cursor-up cursor-down, the document scrolls about 2 or 3 lines so the text is closer to the bottom.

Maybe it’s connected to the back links I have below all this.

That is weird. Up/Down does not scroll my document whatsoever, it just moves the cursor.

I do have a scrolling issue when I check off items. It does a little animation to close up the spot but it basically moves the document down twice. Annoying but not annoying enough to complain about. It might be due to my Custom CSS.

It’s probably too late but if you could record a video of the behavior that would help a lot. Let me know if you find a way to run into the problem again.

it’s not happening any more.

1 Like

I frequently have scrolling issues when moving the cursor up and down, from one line to the next. It’s as if it thinks it needs to scroll because of a miscalculation on that one line. I just have to move the cursor from a particular line to the next (down, for example), with the line in the vertical middle of the page, and then the page will scroll by a few lines. But then I move the cursor back up and it won’t scroll back (that is, it works correctly). I then move the cursor down again, and the scrolling jumps another couple of lines again. (I’ll have to confirm whether it’s a single line or multiple lines it is scrolling.)

It usually gets into that state at least once per day. When it does happen, I can keep repeating the scroll behavior for the affected lines. Refreshing the page fixes it.

When it happens again, I’ll get you more details, including video. I had just refreshed the page when I had the thought to report the bug.

I wonder if it could be a bug in the remote updating. I am frequently editing on two different computers and my phone, and just leaving DynaList open in the web browsers of the computers.