Backspace and Enter don't work sometimes

Steps to reproduce

Suddenly, after working for a bit in the desktop app, Backspace and Enter donā€™t work as it should anymore. Iā€™m not sure what exactly triggers this.

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

That dynalist always acts with the ā€œdefaultā€ behavior:

• Backspace removes characters, and the bullet when there are no characters anymore.
  • Ctrl+Shift+Backspace removes the bullet
  • Enter moves to the next line

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

• Backspace removes characters but doesnā€™t remove the bullet when there are no characters left.
  • Ctrl+Shift+Backspace doesnā€™t do anything anymore.
  • Enter acts like a Ctrl+Shift+Enter, it moves to the next line within the same bullet.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Windows 10
Which browser are you using? Google Chrome
If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist? Desktop app 1.2.3.
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack? No, only custom CSS

Any idea what could cause this? Iā€™m using a US keyboard.

Rene

Wow that seems like something is going really wrong in your desktop app.

Could you check a few things for me so we can find some clues whatā€™s going on:

• View -> Toggle Developer Tools -> Console tab
    Do you see any errors in there after performing these actions (backspace, enter)? If there is any red text please show us.

• Does a restart of the desktop app help?

• Also just wanted to make sure to include this last, Iā€™ve noticed on some rare occasions my modifier keys (control, etc) gets stuck on a windows level. Sometimes pressing every modifier key fixes it, sometimes a full windows restart had to be done. If all fails and there wasnā€™t any error in the console, may I suggest a reboot just in case it was some windows issue?

Thanks Shida for the quick reply. Restarting the app solves it right away. Iā€™ll check the console tab when this happens and will let you know.

Thank you! That does sound pretty serious, so please keep us posted if you see it again :smiley: