Backspace and Enter don't work sometimes

Steps to reproduce

Suddenly, after working for a bit in the desktop app, Backspace and Enter don’t work as it should anymore. I’m not sure what exactly triggers this.

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

That dynalist always acts with the “default” behavior:

• Backspace removes characters, and the bullet when there are no characters anymore.
  • Ctrl+Shift+Backspace removes the bullet
  • Enter moves to the next line

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

• Backspace removes characters but doesn’t remove the bullet when there are no characters left.
  • Ctrl+Shift+Backspace doesn’t do anything anymore.
  • Enter acts like a Ctrl+Shift+Enter, it moves to the next line within the same bullet.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Windows 10
Which browser are you using? Google Chrome
If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist? Desktop app 1.2.3.
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack? No, only custom CSS

Any idea what could cause this? I’m using a US keyboard.

Rene

Wow that seems like something is going really wrong in your desktop app.

Could you check a few things for me so we can find some clues what’s going on:

• View -> Toggle Developer Tools -> Console tab
    Do you see any errors in there after performing these actions (backspace, enter)? If there is any red text please show us.

• Does a restart of the desktop app help?

• Also just wanted to make sure to include this last, I’ve noticed on some rare occasions my modifier keys (control, etc) gets stuck on a windows level. Sometimes pressing every modifier key fixes it, sometimes a full windows restart had to be done. If all fails and there wasn’t any error in the console, may I suggest a reboot just in case it was some windows issue?

Thanks Shida for the quick reply. Restarting the app solves it right away. I’ll check the console tab when this happens and will let you know.

Thank you! That does sound pretty serious, so please keep us posted if you see it again :smiley: