Background for text stops extending downward and text on top of text

Steps to reproduce

Make a long document and expand all the nodes

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

just the expanded document

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

the lighter-colored background does not extend down; text is seen directly against the darker background color

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?

Windows 10, chrome

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

When I go up a node, the node I expanded now displays overtop the text that should be below it

Additional comments

Do you have any custom CSS, or do you have any extensions? I tried a bunch of times and couldn’t repro it.

Please let me know if you can still repro it after removing custom CSS is applicable and trying in incognito mode (or disable all extensions).

This issue should be a showstopper if it’s consistently reproducible, so we should have heard about it already if that’s the case. Thanks a lot!

Hmm, yeah, it stopped doing it for me. It must be some fringe thing that only pops up rarely, and could well be an extension interference. If I start seeing it more I’ll spend more time investigating it and see what more I can learn.

Thanks Mark!

If it’s a Dynalist bug, we’ll definitely put resources into fixing it as it looks really serious. Closed the bug for now, please reply when you get more info and I’ll re-open it. Thanks!