Android app crashes every time after opening

Steps to reproduce

1. Opening the Dynalist app
  2. Waiting for the loader to finish loading and showing the list

Expected result

I can continue using the app.

Actual result

The app crashes. Even after selecting another list from the menu or selecting a random bullet. Every single time, when opening the app, after about 5-10 seconds the app crashes.

Environment

Google Pixel 2 phone
Android 10 / build QP1A / security patch 6 october 2019
Dynalist app version 1.3.7 (last update 7 nov)
No scripts.

Additional information

• I did a Workflowy import recentlyā€¦maybe it has to do something with that?
  • I am using the Google SSO (previously I also had an issue with this where I couldnā€™t log in, but this seems to be fixed now)

Additional comments

Crashing as in - the app quits with a popup saying it has crashed, correct?

My device is on Android 9 and Iā€™m unable to reproduce this. May I suggest deleting app data/cache and re-login into the app, assuming you donā€™t have anything saved inside the app that isnā€™t synced to the website. Let me know if youā€™re seeing any results from that.

Anyone else (with Android 10) seeing this issue?

1 Like

Without result, I did the steps mentioned; cleared the data and cache, even removed the app and rebooted my phone.

Yes. The pop-up shows when I take an action inside the app. When I do nothing and the app just closes. When opening the app again, the Dynalist logo shows, the loader icon andā€¦back into the same crashing cycle.

The same thing happens to me. Iā€™ve uninstalled and cleared cache multiple times with no change. Iā€™m on Android 8. In fact its been like this for over a year and itā€™s still happening. This is one main reason Iā€™ve stopped using Dynalist for a while nowā€¦ Want to come back to it but bug still there :((

1 Like

Iā€™m on Android 11. Dynalist now crashes within 1-3 minutes of every single startup, Without fail. All you have to do is start it and wait. This makes Dynalist essentially unusable.