Advice requested for implementation. CSS/JS/API

Hi,

When using LaTeX, the item is displayed is dynalist as a representation of its content (let’s call that the viewing mode). It is only when we click to edit the content that we see it as it is, uninterpreted (editing mode).

Is there a way to change how an item is displayed, in viewing and in editing mode ?

Replace it with another text ? (without altering its content, only changing the way it is displayed)

For example, if the item contains “foobar” then hide this word. It is still in the item, but not displayed.
Ideally this could be done with CSS, so when accessing the content via the API, I would still have “foobar”.

In the same vein, is there a way to disable edition of an item ?
If the item is a latex equation, that would mean not being able to see the latex code because it would only be visible when in edition mode and this would have been prevented.

Thanks a lot for your help !

With custom CSS, you can partially achieve some of the functionality by hiding specific classes like latex, dates or tags, but I don’t believe you can do that with just any part of the text string.

There is a way to disable editing globally, but it was originally made for mobile mode (you could trigger mobile mode by resizing the page window small enough, then find the lock icon).

I’m not sure I understand your use case and what you want to achieve, so if you can explain that a bit more maybe there are other ways we can help.

Thank you for your answer.
I will keep on digging and then report here :slight_smile: