A more useful search!

1. right now, if you have a ton of bullets in a document and you want to search a word, there appear many many many non-so useful terms sadly. maybe we need a refined search

2.this narrowed search for example never has been useful to me, (and it appears in a big square each time I search for an item)

3.for example … If i want to find a specific word, use quotation marks (" X ") to only look for this word and not inside others… (exclude partition, title, partiture if I look for “tit” only)
4. look only in the notes content, or exclude note content from the search results

thanks ! I love this amazing app however its great <3

Yes @Leonardo_Muzkiz_Ramo, the notes usually take up so much screen estate on searches. It would be great to filter them out.

1 Like

I normally don’t even use narrowed searches unless my tag based searches fail

I find that I don’t even have enough notes in the first place for this to be a problem for me at least

I have to agree with number two, but it relies a lot on one’s memories regarding trivial (at least when creating it) attributes of the content.

Number three appears to be broken? @Erica.

1. Just tap on the eyeball thingy to hide the notes as a workaround in the meantime. I don’t know if there’s a way to search for things only in notes. Hmm.

As for number 1, what ideas do you have for it (if not just the ones listed below)?

Refined how? Like a full-word search, in which “app” won’t match “apple”?

Yeah I have to agree. It was much smaller before but it got a lot larger as we add more filters. Eventually we’re going to replace this chunk with a simple link to the help center page.[quote=“Leonardo_Muzkiz_Ramo, post:1, topic:709”]
3.for example … If i want to find a specific word, use quotation marks (" X ") to only look for this word and not inside others… (exclude partition, title, partiture if I look for “tit” only)
[/quote]

“X” would search for this exact string, regardless if it’s the full word. Maybe "X " (note the space) would be more useful in this situation.

Yeah, that’d be super useful!

1 Like

It would be good to have a search filter that excluded notes.

2 Likes

agreed