2020 June update (Backlink, new theme and font)

Thank you, Stuart. Works great.

Well, I know what you mean, however because I use unique emojis to indicate contexts I can just do a search for the emoji like with tags (before I started playing with pages I was just using emojis, not tags, and used searches regularly). At the moment that would be a bit annoying because of the length of the links - the long links is the biggest limitation for me, I think roam doesnā€™t have this problem.

Aside from this, the page is just a bonus. For example you could have the pageā€™s title be a tag (e.g. have a #athome page), then every linked item would automatically have both that tag and a link to the page ā€¦ Again just the link lengths in searches would be the annoyance.

Of course roam automatically makes tags into pages, I suppose what Iā€™m suggesting here is that you could manually make all your tags a page (or the ones where itā€™s useful to have that additional feature that pages bring bolted on).

Edit the next day: Actually I just noticed than when you run a search e.g. for ā–øšŸ’» in my example, the search shows the unexpanded link e.g.

So that works just as well as tags and you could do intersectional searches no problem e.g.

2 Likes

Should be fixed now.

3 Likes

@Erica Thanks for the Backlinks in the desktop version :slight_smile: Nice.

1 Like

I think automatically making each tag into an editable page would be quite doable in dynalist and would improve functionality a lot. that actually sounds like a good idea to me- then eventually we could move away from tags altogether and just use pages with backlinks instead.

1 Like

Mmm, obsidian has a default place where new attachments go, there could be a place for tag pages like that