What features would make the Pro plan more lucrative?

Hi @SA

Welcome to the Forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Version history is built into Dynalist but it’s a Pro feature. It’s accessible via the right click menu on a document in the left side panel (file pane).

2 Likes

i am aware of that. I was talking about the chrome extension I linked along. It helps in visualizing multiple version histories together. Gives stats on number of revisions done. Has a time-slider which slides along different versions of a doc. Really amazing!

One idea I’d have for Pro would be mindmaps - right now you have to be Pro to view an outline as a mindmap, but you can’t really share them. Being able to set an outline as mindmap-enabled for everyone to see would be really valuable.

The other thing is an issue with normal kb shortcuts - the Ctrl+. to expand/collapse is clunky to input if you’re keyboard surfing the bullet tree, which is something apps like these are really good at. I know “imitate Workflowy” is probably an annoyingly common ask, but Ctrl+down/up to draw/push a bullet open/closed just feels so good intuitively, and Shift+Alt+arrow to move bullets is good to operate.

If you are Pro you can change the mapping. Ctrl-Up has a different established meaning that I like. I would have Ctrl-Space be expand /collapse myself though I’m fine with Ctrl.Period

2 Likes

Looks good!

Although it’s their entire product, and for us, version history is more like a safety measure. There are lots of priorities to juggle with our 2-person team, so unfortunately I don’t think we’ll commit to anything like that in the short term. Sorry about that!

1 Like

completely fine by me! Other features on your roadmap are more important than this, I wasn’t expecting this to be implemented. Besides, Dynalist isn’t a writing tool specifically so doesn’t make a lot of sense either.:+1::+1:

1 Like