What features would make the Pro plan more lucrative?

Iā€™m sure that neither a content delivery network, nor computer-aided design is a type of currency. /kidding

The comprehensive feature that @Yatharth_Agarwal once suggested would be excellent.

Do you mean ā€˜superman modeā€™?

1 Like

Yeah, I think that was it. The combination of ctrl+o and ctrl+f > ctrl+enter.

Oh, the ā€œbrowser find tool.ā€ Superman mode is something else.

Context for Superman mode.

im nearly always signed into google but i would still rather have the email sign in + 2-factor option for dynalist. this is mainly because i use lastpass and its hard to know whether auto-fill would work with the google sign in page. ive had mixed results with those types of log-ins in the past so i nearly always choose the email option when i sign up for things. and once you choose there usually isnt an option to switch back so you are stuck with it then.

whether 2-factor is free or paid, i cant wait either way! i have so much of my brain/thoughts in dynalist now that it makes me nervous thinking about anyone getting access to it somehow

this sounds interesting. would it be an ā€œall or nothingā€ option or more like evernote where you are allowed have some offline notebooks and others synced?

it would be neat if the offline files could work with something like bitTorrent sync. (its like dropbox but just syncs files between computers on your home network). 95% of the time i am using dynalist at home, maybe once in a while i use it on my phone when i am away, so manually syncing the files between computers would work really well for me. i wouldnt even need the 2-factor option then :smiley:

Hi Dave,

What browser are you using with LastPass? You have auto-fill enabled and not auto-login, correct?

As a LastPass user on Chrome, I havenā€™t experienced any issues.

Thatā€™s a good point. And migrating things over might be a bit tedious, although not outright impossible.

Yeah, I completely understand, as Iā€™m in the same boat (but am using a Google account that has 2FA enabled). Iā€™m not involved with developing Dynalist, but fwiw to anyone else reading this, 2SV/FA costs money to keep running (e.g. Dynalist might get charged per each login), so it might be part of the Pro plan before itā€™s available to all users with the costs covered by revenue from the Pro plan, since the free accounts donā€™t have ads.

Be sure to update to Resilio if you havenā€™t already. :slight_smile:

I agree with your idea, that would be really cool. Itā€™ll definitely take some time as native apps would be required. Iā€™ll let @Erica respond to the rest.

Actually, this isnā€™t true. That is only if you want to add something like SMS or other functionality. Just offering TOTP (Time-based one Time passwords) such as those generated by Google Authenticator are an open standard (RFC6238). Even YubiKey offers free software/libraries to integrate their hardware keys as 2FA (https://developers.yubico.com/). However there are more limitations on the web for using those beyond just the implementation of the key.

1 Like

Thank you for providing better information about the subject. Thatā€™s good to hear.

Yeah thatā€™s our top option right now. Cheap and effective.

2 Likes

Love this sugesstion

2 Likes

ive been using it on chrome since i started with lastpass. it was so long ago now that i was having trouble with those types of logins that i cant remember what the problem was exactly, but it think it was something to do with url not matching.

i havnt warmed up to that name yet :smiley:

2 Likes

I know this is a super old thread, but having just recently been a victim of a data breach from another cloud-based product that I use, Iā€™m extremely interested in this feature. Iā€™d willingly pay a substantial premium (on top of Pro) in order to keep my data out of the cloud and still use Dynalist. Is there any hope of this being a reality anytime soon? (Like, within the next year or so?)

Hereā€™s a card on our roadmap that you can vote for: https://trello.com/c/46l658SA/146-pro-true-offline-mode

Within the next yearā€¦ thatā€™s possible, but no guarantee. Technical issues left aside, weā€™re a little concerned that data corruption would happen eventually, and because itā€™s not on the cloud, thereā€™s not much we can help.

We have heard about quite some cases like these ā€“ for some reason the Dynalist folder gets modified into a state that Dynalist canā€™t parse them. I suspect it could be things like anti-virus or storage management software, but we canā€™t tell yet. Anyway, in unfortunate cases like this, we tell the users to delete their local and pull a fresh copy from the cloud, which will work wonderfully. This trick wonā€™t work for a truly offline client.

I understand you want it. Just thinking we need to convey this risk properly, which is a challenge. People often donā€™t realize how bad it would be before running into situations like thisā€¦ when your entire Dynalist becomes unreadable :frowning:.

Still, I like the idea, and it seems to be the trend nowadays.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, Erica.

While indeed this is an old thread, it might be a good way to check what Pro user would want the most. For me such a list would be as follows:

• More powerful editor - there are some things that editor is lacking to make it more productive
  • More short-cuts available, better efficiency in often-done tasks (there are good short-cuts already present, but they are not enough)
  • New presentation layout - API discussion in progress, I know :slight_smile:
  • Recurring tasks - itā€™s just a must-have for day to day planning using Dynalist.
  • Tip of the day for advanced users - there isnā€™t much need to show how to do basic stuff. But I really like to know how to use Dynalist more efficiently (or perhaps several articles in your FAQ would do the trick?)
  • Range and progress presentation - Iā€™ve already suggested it and it might be only personal thing, but it is Great to see the full progress bar on some difficult and long project filled.

Also Iā€™d like to add one thing that should NOT be in Pro features. Currently popup dialog with notifications about date/time of the tasks is only available in Pro through Google Calendar. But truth be told, even in basic Dynalist there should be a simple popup with reminder when the time for a task is coming. A lot of basic and free organizing/note-making/workflow applications have that feature. And I checked a lot of them until was able to find Dynalist. Not having it makes Dynalist lookā€¦ lacking where it really shouldnā€™t. So it would be:

• Dynalist - basic popup without GCal integration or nice additional features that are to come.
  • Dynalist Pro - full integration with additional features.

Thanks

Instead of having True Offline Mode, could we have it for some documents, with an option to set a folder (on the local disk) to save the contents to? Would that make it easier to implement?

I think thatā€™s basically what True Offline Mode entails :slight_smile:

1 Like

FYI moo.do has just moved away from syncing to the userā€™s private Google Drive over to Firebase. Their former approach worked well for me and others whose workplaces use Google behind the firewall. In other words, no external data storage/syncing was taking place - all data was staying behind the corporate firewall. This was a huge differentiator for moo.do compared to other solutions like Dynalist. Now that differentiator is gone (although they are talking about implementing a true offline mode, it is not in place yet).

So, I would just reemphasize that there is a large underserved market out there of corporate users who have no options right now because their data must remain on the laptop or at least behind the firewall. With ā€œtrue offlineā€, Dynalist has an opportunity to fill that void. This is a ā€œplease take my moneyā€ type of situation.

2 Likes