What actions would you like to have a custom shortcut for?

I’d love to have ‘Go to the root of the whole document’. IE the beginning of the highest node in the document.

Interesting, first time I’ve heard about this one. What’s your use case for this?

Can I say that one use would be when wanting to search the document. If you are zoomed in, currently you need to find a way to quickly zoom out to the top in order to do a full document search.

Not sure I understand what you mean. Are you replying to @Nicholas_Mapstone’s comment?

Yes, another case for this “go to root of document” shortcut is when needing to navigate to another section of the document, especially after having zoomed in.

Got it, that makes more sense when read in combination with his comment. Thanks for the explanation!

Yes, what he said.

It’s all about orientation. When I’m down in a subtree somewhere I often have no real idea where I am (I know I can look at the tree at the top of the page, but that involves thinking about it). With a 1 click move to the top node of a document I’m suddenly back somewhere rock solid and know exactly how to do whatever I want from there.

Insert Link.

Some apps just ctrl K, which automatically inserts []() and moves the cursor in between the brackets.