• Create multi-line note as in attached screenshot
  • Start with text cursor on beginning of line 3, hit Up arrow
  • Cursor skips note lines 1 & 2 and goes straight up to main item

Expected result

• Cursor should go to line 2, then line 1 of note

Actual result

• Cursor skips lines

Environment

• I originally reported this bug via email on Oct 20. At that time I was using Chrome Version 62.0.3202.62 (Official Build) (64-bit) macOS
  • Issue is still reproducible today on Firefox 57

Additional information

Additional comments

This is a really annoying bug, and I hope it gets fixed with priority.

Can repro and investigating.

Thanks for the bug report (and such a detailed one with screenshot is super hepful)!

1 Like

I can confirm this behavior on a Ubuntu machine with Chrome, Firefox, and the Dynalist app.

Funnily, this only happens if the cursor is on the very beginning of a line. I also made some gifs. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m heavily using notes and also find this annoying. Hopefully, itā€™s not too hard to fix. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here. This behaviour actually make me go back to Workflowy, imo super annoying for anyone who is using notes heavily.

Good luck

Itā€™s fixed already, sorry for not updating here. Are you using web or desktop app? Refresh/reload and you should get the latest version.

Forgot to update, @Alex_Pasternak @Viktor_Papara itā€™s fixed on my end, is it fixed for you guys?

1 Like

I have just found out myself, itā€™s ok!.. you are mega fast, feels ashamed :wink:
Gonna test heavily today, let you know if notes are fully alright.

Thanks!

Ps: sry for wierd triple posts, not sure yet what went wrong

No worries, we shouldā€™ve updated here, somehow missed it. It was a real bug before, itā€™s just that we patched it very recently. We should feel sorry.

Let us know if thereā€™s still something wrong! If you find other bugs, feel free to start a new post about it.

Confirmed fixed, thanks! Please close.

1 Like

The use-case so far, works like a charm now. Thank you! :bouquet:

But itā€™s not over yet. :sweat:

It works perfectly if the displayed second line is actually a ā€œrealā€ second line by having a newline character before it.

But if the displayed second line is a soft wrap of a long first line, this bug is still there. Curiously: depending on the windows width, this bug occurs now on more than the first cursor position:

In this example, I narrowed the window just enough that the word ā€œjumpsā€ was barely soft-wrapped into the second line. :confused:

1 Like

I think itā€™s actually arguable whether a soft wrap up arrow is a bug. But comparing behavior to TextMate, a long wrapped line there does respond to up arrow, so I guess so (FWIW, Workflowy also correctly handles wrapped lines and up arrow key). It seems like a different issue though.

Well, it feels and looks exactly like the bug we were discussing here; though it very well might have a different cause. Personally, I do have a lot of soft-wrapped lines.

If the cursor jumped from the whole soft-wrapped first line to the heading node, it would be still annoying but at least consistent; but it is not. In the gif above, the first newline character is just behind "<newline>".

Iā€™m interested what @Erica has to say about this.

If this is a feature, someone has to explain to me how I can use this productively. :smile:

1 Like

Pretty sure itā€™s a bug, and it seems to fit the description too.

@Shida take a look at this when youā€™ve got time?

Re-opened.

Hi Viktor, thanks for perfect description of the bug. Just have found myself.

For now, the solution is to not use first line :smiley:

Gl Erica

1 Like

I got a fix for this, will deploy this soon. I actually fixed a different bug thatā€™s very similar to this! That one is already out, but I will be fixing this soon!

3 Likes

The navigation within a note seems to work now. At least for the web version using Chrome and Firefox. I expect my standalone Dynalist app will update itself soon enough; although Iā€™m using the web version more often.

Thank you so much, @Shida! :bouquet: :kissing_heart:

Your solution works and hopefully it wasnā€™t too hard.

I heard it was okay! Thanks for confirming the fix. Closing this :slight_smile: