The letter "J" in my bookmarks is highlighted in yellow

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.
Nothing. I just noticed this tonight for the first time. I used Ctrl+G to determine the instances of “J” in my bookmarks, and there are two: one uppercase and one lowercase. Both are highlighted in yellow. Out of curiousity, I tried adding a new “j”, but it was not highlighted. Seeing this made me really want to be able to use highlights in the bookmarks. I long for a solution to the crazy symbols and indentations I’m using just so I can navigate it.

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?
Highlights one day! Was this “J” thing a sneak peak I wasn’t supposed to see? Oh, do tell! Spill all! :slight_smile:

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?
N/A

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?
Chrome OS. Chrome. Pixelbook.

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

Thank you, awesome Dynalist team!

Amazingly, the highlights are now gone—even without a refresh! So bizarre!

Sorry I’m not entirely sure what you mean. Screenshots would help a lot, if you don’t mind!

From my understanding, you’re trying to use the Ctrl+G feature in the browser to highlight something, and there was a Dynalist bug preventing it from being useful?

From what I know, Ctrl+G do not highlight newly created page elements, which means if you highlighted two "J"s and create another “j” bookmark, it will not be highlighted unless you do Ctrl+G again.

Hi, Erica. Actually, for no reason at all, I saw the highlighted “J” and “j.” Only afterward did I try Ctrl+G to determine whether there were other instances of this letter in bookmarks.

I’d send a screenshot if only the highlighted letters stuck around. They’re gone. :slight_smile:

Hmm, that’s weird. Do send a screenshot if this happens again, thanks!