Start new Pro account but keep existing account at free level due to Shared folders

I have a Pro Dynalist account (for many years) with a lot of information. This account has several shared folders with other users.

However, I need to separate my current uses of DYNA from those shared folders, but I do not wish to have 2 Pro accounts.

I am thinking that I need to set up a 2nd Pro account and move selected content over from the existing account into the new one, then change the existing account to the free level.

My concerns are:

1. Will the free account (with the existing content) still share the folders?
  2. Will the large amount of content in the now free account still be accessible?
  3. Will I be able to move/export/import from Free to Pro, including attachments?

Thanks

I guess I’ll just have to do so and see what happens

1 Like
  • Will the free account (with the existing content) still share the folders?

Yes. Sharing is free. It’s not a Pro feature.

• Will the large amount of content in the now free account still be accessible?

Yes. There’s no content amount limit to free.

• Will I be able to move/export/import from Free to Pro,

You will be exporting documents one by one as either markdown or OPML (doesn’t matter), and then pasting them into new documents (or clicking + import OPML to import a document).

including attachments?

No. Attachments are Pro only as listed on Pricing - Dynalist . I don’t know what happens to them if you convert to free. Maybe they stay accessible. There maybe are ways to download all the attachments but it’s not easy. It would involved some chrome extension that downloads all the links on a page. Then you’d view your uploaded files pane and run it. It’s tricky and a hassle for sure.

1 Like

Much appreciated, @BigChungus