Respect the "Focus on first item" settings for item links

I donā€™t want it to focus on first item when I open an itemā€™s URL. My intention in this view is to make things a bit cleaner, more aesthetic, less distraction, just focus on the children of the item, with the item as the title. But to explode the header item into markdown every time has the opposite effect, itā€™s annoying and distracting. I donā€™t think users open an items URL with the intention of editing the header item, itā€™s more of a title for the list they are intending to edit.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Iā€™m sorry that I donā€™t think I fully understand what you mean. Do you have ā€œfocus on first itemā€ option enabled or disabled?

Thanks in advance!

ā€œfocus on first itemā€ is disabled.
Steps to repeat: click the dot
Observed:
Desired:
Also acceptable:

I am also laughing because this forum calls the normal smiley face :slight_smile: slight_smile so when it popped up that text I thought wait why didnā€™t that person give a full smile did I do something wrong

I see what you mean now.

The original intention of the ā€œfocus on first itemā€ option is to facilitate keyboard users. So that when they switch between places with the keyboard, thereā€™s an item in focus as the starting point.

The behavior here is not related to ā€œfocus on first itemā€. If you read the description, it only mentions switching between documents:

So, I added a poll about this behavior: Should item be auto-focus when you zoom into it? Letā€™s see what results we get.

P.S. :smiley: :smiley: is the full smile I guess. I also find it weird why :slight_smile: (:slight_smile:) is the default option. Thereā€™s also :smile: (:smile:)ā€¦ This is confusing, LOL.