*Really* hide notes (no icon, no spacing) or make all tags disappear (but still work in search)

There isnā€™t a Custom CSS snippets forum (there should be!), so Iā€™m posting it to ā€œFeaturesā€, but anyway I wanted to put #tags #in #my #notes #because #theyre #ugly but thereā€™s no way to fully hide them UNTIL NOW. :smiley: Hereā€™s the CSS:

.Node-openNote{ display: none; }
.ref .Node-openNote{ display: block; }

Now you only see any hint of notes when you hit the add note hotkey or right click menu item.

If you want to make custom CSS like me, all I did was right click the annoying thing, click Inspect Element, see the offending code was a specifically named div, and googled ā€œcss hide all divs of a classā€ for which there was a StackOverflow answer for just this, I just changed the class name. It took 3 minutes and I would not call myself a person competent at CSS.

If I was more clever or had more time Iā€™d hide all tags everywhere, but tags are a href="#" class=ā€œnode-tag js-prevent-defaultā€ and hmm thereā€™s probably CSS to hide those but Iā€™m not sure what to google.

1 Like

.node-tag[href="#"] { ā€¦ }

1 Like

Thank you! It works sweet, now I can just forget about notes entirely. Hereā€™s exactly what I use now if anyone else wants this.

.node-tag[href="#"] { display:none; }
.ref .node-tag[href="#"] { display:block; }