Pasting without bullet points fr every break Use new lines in item instead

Hi,

The Problem: Every time I copy and paste something into dynalist, it turns every new line into a bulletpoint. This is what I want sometimes… But also, many times I just want to paste a bunch of text and keep the same spacing etc but uder one bullet point.

This sucks because: I am spending lots of time removing bullet points after I have pasted the document.

Eg, I want to copy some old biographies from my website in case I want to reuse them another time. I paste the text below, and end up with tonnes of bullet points I need to remove.

Any suggestions??

Thank you! Love dynalist btw!

Performing professionally for a living since 2011, John Wilkinson boasts phenomenal ability as a performer and musician. With 100% live looping rhythms and beats, rich vocals and stylish guitar solos, this one man show can entertain the biggest crowd!

And if you’re after something more laid back, then don’t worry, John Wilkinson has played hundreds of gigs of all types. You can see John Wilkinson playing public shows at the Plough Inn, The Exchange, the Jubilee, the Shafston Hotel, the Elephant, Fitzy’s Restaurant and many more!

John Wilkinson has also played a supporting show for James Reyne at the Exchange Hotel for the Melbourne Cup. He was also a member of The Volty String as lead guitarist. The Volty Strings received airplay on triple J for their single “Shed My Skin”. You can hear the single and guitar skills on the audio sample page.

John Wilkinson plays at

Wedding Ceremonies & Receptions
Birthday parties
Sports Events
Awards Nights
Product Launches
Opening Nights
Christmas Parties
Engagements
Festivals
Charity Balls
Cocktail Parties
And much more!

Hello @John_Wilkinson!

Have you tried pasting into the note section of an item? Line breaks are accepted there and it doesn’t create new items. You can use Shift+Enter to enter the note from the item.

Actually, I didn’t know about that. That does the job! Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, could I piggyback this old question?
As far as I can see, a comment is not considered a child of a overarching bullet point, i.e. I can not zoom out the comment (to just see the overarching bullet point). Is there really no way of pasting something from an article into a bullet point without it creating a new bullet point for every linebreak?
It is truly the most annoying thing for me when working with dynalist. Hope somebody can help!
Thanks!

There is a way, with instructions posted deep in the bowels of this forum, but it involves running a bash script hotlinked to a special hotkey, which replaces line breaks that cause new bullets with line breaks that dont, so it pastes all into one item. But I don’t recall offhand the title of the thread. Not sure you want to go to that level of effort and hacking tho. But yeah, its a common enough gripe that people did work around it.