Pasted images too low resolution on OSX

Steps to reproduce

Take screenshot to clipboard on OSX (cmd + ctrl + shift + 4). Paste it into dynalist.
Take screenshot and save to file on OSX (cmd + shift + 4). Upload it to dynalist.

Expected result

Both have a brilliant resolution, just like in any other app.

Actual result

The pasted image is really small and fuzzy (looks like half resolution).
The uploaded image has high resolution.

Environment

Browser: ā€˜nativeā€™ app 1.0.44

As far as I know, we do not compress the files uploaded to Dynalist at all. We donā€™t make low-res thumbnails either. It could be either the screenshot itself is low-res, or your browser makes it seem low-res?

Do you mind uploading both the screenshot and the uploaded image?

The file itself is low-res. Half the resolution:

Pasted

Uploaded as file

I tested the same functionality in Google Chrome just now. When I paste the image from clipboard there I get the full resolution:

So seems to be an issue with the native app.

Seems to be an issue with the outdated version of Chrome weā€™re using. I did some research and found this: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=355477

Looks like they fixed the issue in May 2017, and we havenā€™t updated our app shell in quite a while. Just to clarify we never intentionally compressed it on the desktop app. If it helps, please use the web app for now and weā€™ll see what we can do about it.

1 Like

Update: we recently upgraded Electron and also Chromium, and this should be fixed now.

Could you please confirm? @Louis_Kirsch

@Louis_Kirsch: last call for confirming, thanks! :slight_smile:

If thereā€™s no reply Iā€™ll close this next week, as it seems fixed during our testing.