OAuth failure with signing in on iOS

The problem occurs when creating a shortcut on the home screen from within Safari. When I run the shortcut, I get redirected to the login-page. Here I try to Sign in with Google. Having clicked that button, I get redirected to a 403 error page:

Error: disallwoed___useragent

This user-agent is not permitted to make an OAuth authorization request to Google as it is classified as an embedded user-agent (also known as a web-view). Per our policy, only browsers are permitted to make authorization requests Google. [ā€¦]

Sounds like it prohibited and Iā€™m not even sure if it has to count as a bug. However, it does render the home button shortcut useless since Iā€™m registered on Dynalist via the Google OAuth function.
Is there a workaround?

@Shida & @Erica

Does the shortcut still redirects to the login page when you have already logged in on Safari?

Yes, it does. And if Iā€™m clicking on login on the top right of the page, then dynalist switches ā€˜programsā€™ and opens up in Safari. Here I can log-in as usual or am already logged in.
Google doesnā€™t want to talk to the widget. :information_desk_person:

Huh, so the widget is running in its own thing, isolated from Safariā€™s contextā€¦ I guess in that case thereā€™s not much we can do.

The oauth error page is something Google specifically implemented - They disallows logging in through webviews specifically because itā€™s a pain to login again, and recommend the ā€œopen a login page in your browserā€ method. We implemented that in our mobile apps, but we didnā€™t expect needing that on the web version.

I would recommend you to chat with @Erica to get the iOS beta app instead.

Yes, once the iOS app is out, the problem should go away, unless you have to use it in a widget. The home screen app should be deprecated after that.

1 Like

Alright then, thanks for your answers. Iā€™d be interested in the beta app, though @Erica; how would we do that?

1 Like

Sorry about the late reply, the closed beta is currently closed, but the good news is the app is close to a release! iOS app in review

1 Like