Move items while maintaining document structure

Problem
In the example below I want to move “Visit Venus” to “DONE” while keeping the document structure.

• TODO
    • Tasks
      • Peace in the world
      • Visit Venus
  • DONE

So it would look like:

• TODO
    • Tasks
      • Peace in the world
  • DONE
    • Tasks
      • Visit Venus

The problem is I don’t have “Tasks” in the “DONE” category. For two layers of nesting like in the example above it’s not a big issue - you just create “Tasks” under DONE. But when you start having 4-5 levels of nesting in more complex documents with a lot of children on each level - that’s when you start feeling that just recreating a full stack of categories is the wrong way to go. So a way to move an item with some of it’s parents would be great to solve such problem.

Solution
To solve the problem you have to do two things:

• Have ability to select how many parents to move with the item
  • Move them starting from the first parent layer that you didn’t select

I’d suggest to have 4 shortcuts using [modifier + arrows]. <- and -> to define how many layers to select. Up and Down to move the whole stack. Currently you can move items with Ctrl+Arrow. So maybe Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Arrow for this functionality.

Coming back to to the example above. You step on “Visit Venus” and since you want to move it with “Tasks” you press Modifier+Left. Now you have “Visit Venus” and it’s parent “Tasks” selected (other things in “Tasks” remain unselected and are not moved). Then you press Modifier+Down and have the “Tasks” and only one of it’s children (“Visit Venus”) moved lower under “DONE” category.

Simple and useful.