Monthly upload quota does not reset to 0% upon subscription renewal

I uploaded a bunch of files onto Dynalist shortly before my Pro account subscription was auto-renewed on 12/8/17, on the expectation that the quota will reset to 0% when the subscription auto-renews. It did not. I am now at around 90+% of my monthly quota, and am now worried that I will soon not be able to upload any files.

When does the monthly 1 Gb upload quota reset, if not on subscription renewal? At the beginning of each month? It certainly did NOT reset on 12/1 for me.

I forgot to mention. I did start a new browser instance, and even checked in the Windows and iOS DL apps. They all show 90+% use of the 1 Gb quota. I donā€™t think its a cache issue.

It takes each file 30 days to be counted outside of your quota, which we think make more sense and is more accurate.

Sorry, we shouldā€™ve added this explanation to our help center. This shouldnā€™t be filed as a bug when youā€™re confused about how it works though, mind if I move it to ā€œHelpā€ instead?

EDIT: So in other words, the quota doesnā€™t get reset to 0 at on a certain day, rather it represents how much storage you used in the last 30 days.

Thanks for the clarification.

Just to add to this topic: we will consider bumping the quota since 1 GB is not a lot in 2017 (almost 2018).

@Gek did that answer your question and do you find if I mark this as closed now?

Thanks Erica. I get it now. Iā€™ll manage my file uploads accordingly

1 Like