How to "install" the Linux Beta

After you’ve downloaded the tar.gz file, open it, then right-click and extract the folder that’s inside, to a place where it won’t bother you, nor be accidentally deleted.

Now that you’ve done that, open the folder and simply click on “Dynalist” and it should open the app without requiring anything else. Log in, pin the app to your dock if you’d like, and enjoy.

Let me know if you have any questions about that. Fortunately it’s a lot easier than it seems.

Note that the dynalist binary currently distributed is a 64-bit binary, which means those like me who are running 32-bit Linux can’t execute it. Would it be possible to either make both 32-bit and 64-bit versions available, or to provide the source so I can build it myself? (I know Dynalist isn’t open source and all, but I’m just trying to find a way to help.)

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Scott. I’ll ping @Erica and @Shida so that way they can provide a useful response/solution. :slight_smile:

We’re looking to build the 32-bit images for both Linux and Windows… They should be available within a couple of days after we sort our some of the other things we’re working on.

3 Likes

I can’t run it in Ubuntu 18. What should I do?

I seem to cant run it on Ubuntu 18 also. Choosing to run, and nothing happens.

Is there any workaround?
Will there be an update?

Sorry for the late reply guys!

@Shida: could you take a look at the Ubuntu 18 issue please?

Just wanted to update everyone to say that newest version cannot run in Ubuntu 18.04.

Oh really?

Why do you say that I wonder?

I am running it on 18.4 without any problem.