Auto complete drop down menu for tags in search bar

I don’t think this needs much explanation - could we get the exact same drop down menu for tags that we have in the main app when we start writing a tag in the search bar? This would be immensely useful!

1 Like

Possible duplicate of Autocomplete tags when searching

Again I understand it’s very useful and we’ll bump up the priority. The reason it takes so long is because the workload is not as small as I thought it would be (I’ve attempted it in the past). Basically because of the way auto-complete is implemented, it’s not easy to port it to the searchbar. Items have their own system for manipulating text and selection, and the search bar is just a plain text box, so the same auto-completion won’t work.

Rather than a half-assed solution, we want to do it the right way and not repeat code logic to make code more maintainable in the feature, thus the higher-than-predicted workload. With lots of work put into mobile and capture right now, we’d need to try to squeeze it in. We’ll try our best. I hope that’s understandable!

2 Likes

Hi Erica,

Thanks for your reply! Ah I totally understand, I also wrongly thought it would be a simple matter - thank you for your ongoing responsiveness to us!

Stephen