[Web Version] Contents get selected when i just move my mouse without clicking on the mouse

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

• when i move my mouse around the page, the contents of the page gets selected without me clicking on the mouse.
  • e.g. i moving my mouse to place the cursor at the position for me to delete an item, it will result in the entire churn of the content get selected and i delete the entire content by mistake.
  • Not able to use ctrl-z to undo.
  • encounter this problem in both chrome and Microsoft edge browser.
  • my workstation does not allows download of external app so i need to live with the web version. Hoping Dynalist is able to solve this problem :slight_smile:

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

• items get selected only when i click and drag on the mouse, as per the normal way the mouse function.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

• without click on the mouse, just by moving my cursor, the contents gets selected.
  • unable to undo in the web version.

Environment

Which operating system are you using?
Which browser are you using?
If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack?

• Web Version on both chrome and Microsoft edge browser

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

I can’t reproduce this bug on my end. It sounds like the app thinks your mouse button is stuck on the pressed state.

Do you see any red errors in the developer console?

Hi Shida, thanks for looking into this matter, I did not see any error…

Seems like you have some kind of chrome extension that’s injecting itself into the app?

I encounter the same issue when I use Microsoft edge. There is no extension:

Apologies for the late reply, can you describe what you do before this happens? Does it start the moment you load the page?

And where does it select from? If you can attach a short video screen capture that would help a lot with debugging this issue, since I don’t seem to get this behavior.