Using Global Search on iOS Triggers Date Picker

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

Try the global search on iOS and at some point the date picker will appear.

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

Not the date picker, just the search results.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

The date picker appears and it can’t be exited out of.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?

Safari sandbox, iOS 11.0.1 (haven’t checked the latest).

This might also be triggered when tapping on the next/down arrow when viewing the search results in Safari.

Could you be a bit more specific about the steps?

Does “try global search” mean tapping on the globe icon, or does it mean actually searching for something? And what did you do before seeing the date picker, did you scroll or just nothing (looking at the results)?

The “it can’t be exited out of” part will be fixed in the next update.

Still the bug seems bizarre, could it be that you accidentally tapped on a date, and thus the date picker pops up?

I would be very interested to repro this bug myself if that’s possible.

Sorry about the lack of specificity.

1. Tap on the magnifying glass at the top (not in the side panel)
  2. Tap on the globe icon to “search everywhere”
  3. Search for something.
  4. Tap on the down arrow in the browser-based bar that appears with two vertically-oriented arrows.

At some point the date picker will pop up. It’s entirely possible that it’s moved the cursor on a search result that contained a date, so this bug report may be redundant.

I hope this helps!

I see, that might be why the date picker is showing up. I’m closing this bug then, thanks a lot for the details!

1 Like