URL link pasting without the link "helper"

Context

I don’t know if this is currently possible, but I would like to be able to paste in URLs without the UI converting the clipboard into a rich-markdown URL i.e. URL.

This is mostly helpful when I already know the link title I have in mind, and I have already got a [TITLE], and thus just want to type a ( followed by the (raw) URL followed by ) to complete.

Workaround

This is not a hard blocker, more a speed thing. Currently I’d need to spend a few seconds removing additional text since Dynalist auto-adds more text than is necessary.

Interestingly, I can also paste a copied URL into a simple text editor like tyke, which then prevents Dynalist from inserting the URL as a rich-URL. I’d love to be made aware of an easy workaround to prevent markdown formatting, if that’s a better solution.

Hi @JohnLi . I agree, it’s a bit of a pain.

Another workaround is to use the “paste raw” keyboard shortcut if your OS supports it. For example, on Windows I use Ctrl-Shift-V to paste the plain URL without any markup.

1 Like

And the hotkey on mac is called “unformatted paste” or “paste and match style” or “paste and match formatting”.

On my mac it is Command-Shift-V

It’s the same as pasting to a plain text editor but you dont need that step