Sync Help Failure

Steps to reproduce

Wifi disconnected on my computer.
Made some edits.
Top-right says in red Can’t sync.
After a while a notice pops up saying hasn’t synced for a while, click here to secure your data.

I clicked there.

Expected result

I’m not sure what it should do, but hopefully it gives helpful advice or an offline save/backup option.

Actual result

The window advanced to a new address, tried (failed) to load that. I clicked back, and the dynalist URL also failed to load.
(Not surprising because offline.)

Environment

Windows 10
Google Chrome
newest versions.

Additional information

Was offline because of a network failure.

Additional comments

Also observed: When the Save Now button appears, (alternately with Can’t Sync) and I click it, nothing happens except the Can’t Sync immediately reappears. It does work if I’m online but not very helpful when offline with Chrome.

In this case, before leaving the page when internet is lost, I advise you to Export your document.

After clicking this button you should be able to copy-paste the entirety of your file onto Notepad or similar. Then paste it back onto Dynalist after the WiFi comes back!

The window advanced to a new address, tried (failed) to load that. I clicked back, and the dynalist URL also failed to load.
(Not surprising because offline.)

Were you able to recover any variants of that document? If not, I can try to restore it for you if you PM me the document’s name.

The document wasnt lost, it merely would not load while the internet was down. Possibly some edits never got uploaded as i left the page without syncing when i clicked on the not-so-helpful link in the popup message.

Addendum: Thao’s reply missed the point of the bug.

The point is not that I need to follow a certain procedure. The point is that the software presents a bad dialog. It presents a link that redirects the current page to the website.

a) That’s useless if sync issues are because the website is down/inaccessible
b) It is a bug for ANY link - including this one - within the dynalist window to take me out of that dynalist window. It should create a new tab.

Nevertheless, thank you for pointing out the Export… command. I wasn’t familiar with that because I don’t usually interact with the document pane much.