Spellchecker Android transparent text

Steps to reproduce

Enable spellchecker
Select a word underlined red

Expected result

Pop-up window with spelling suggestions etc

Actual result

Pop-up window appears blank, but responds when clicked with a correction or deletion of word.

Environment

Which operating system are you using?
Android 10, also same result Android 7
Which browser are you using?
Chrome
If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?
Android v1.4.15
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack?
n/a

Additional information

Same result with different virtual keyboards: Gboard, AOSP, Hacker’s keyboard

!

Additional comments

I reckon the spellchecker suggestions do in fact load into the pop-up window but that the text is rendered transparent.

That’s a weird one - what does it normally looks like? Seems like a native box that we probably don’t have control over.

I’ve run a few more tests with other apps - looks as if it’s using the spell-checker that’s built in to the Gboard keyboard which I use.

I can’t seem to get this interface (using GBoard as well). Actually I don’t even see the red underline… Am I missing some other app that does this, or is there some option in gboard I need to enable?

This is enabled in Gboard settings > Text Correction > Spelling > Spell check

Hmm I can reproduce the issue now with this turned on, it even looks white in dark mode. I honestly have no idea what could cause this but the interface does looks like it comes from GBoard. I think GBoard must be doing some kind of color detection on our app and fails to do so properly? If anyone has any idea what GBoard use to determine the menu colors, whether it’s CSS or some kind of native variable, please let me know!