Sometimes un-selected items still show raw formatting

Steps to reproduce

Sometimes un-selected items still render in the raw-formatting.

Bug:

What it’s supposed to look like:

I don’t have a reliable repro, it just happens sometimes, usually when switching back to dynalist from another tab. It’s not only Dynalist links that do this, but also inline-code and other markdown formatting.

My guess is that the item previously had focus (so it’s shown in raw formatting), then somehow it loses focus without being caught by the “lost focus” event handler that is supposed to change it to the pretty formatting (not sure if such an event exists, I don’t work with much frontend code). Perhaps some race condition when switching tabs where the focus is lost but the tab is backgrounded so the event doesn’t fire.

Environment

Window 10, Chrome 98.0.4758.102.

Hello,

Do you have this setting enabled on yours?
I used to have this same issue, until I decided to disable it and never had it anymore.

Yes, I have that setting enabled. I rely on it quite a bit, so I don’t think I’ll try disabling it. This bug happens infrequently enough that it isn’t too much of an inconvenience for me, I just thought I’d report it.

2 Likes

This does come up occasionally and that setting is off.

Hmmm strange.
It seems I can’t repro it myself too, or just couldn’t notice on my side yet (with that setting off).

Looks like a bug, indeed. But there should be a way to reliably repro it.