Sometimes un-selected items still show raw formatting

Steps to reproduce

Sometimes un-selected items still render in the raw-formatting.

Bug:

What itā€™s supposed to look like:

I donā€™t have a reliable repro, it just happens sometimes, usually when switching back to dynalist from another tab. Itā€™s not only Dynalist links that do this, but also inline-code and other markdown formatting.

My guess is that the item previously had focus (so itā€™s shown in raw formatting), then somehow it loses focus without being caught by the ā€œlost focusā€ event handler that is supposed to change it to the pretty formatting (not sure if such an event exists, I donā€™t work with much frontend code). Perhaps some race condition when switching tabs where the focus is lost but the tab is backgrounded so the event doesnā€™t fire.

Environment

Window 10, Chrome 98.0.4758.102.

Hello,

Do you have this setting enabled on yours?
I used to have this same issue, until I decided to disable it and never had it anymore.

Yes, I have that setting enabled. I rely on it quite a bit, so I donā€™t think Iā€™ll try disabling it. This bug happens infrequently enough that it isnā€™t too much of an inconvenience for me, I just thought Iā€™d report it.

2 Likes

This does come up occasionally and that setting is off.

Hmmm strange.
It seems I canā€™t repro it myself too, or just couldnā€™t notice on my side yet (with that setting off).

Looks like a bug, indeed. But there should be a way to reliably repro it.