Share folder via link

Itā€™s both a design decision and a technical difficulty. Sorry for any inconvenience!

With regards to sharing the folder via link, my only requirement is that I be able to share multiple documents with my readers via a single link that doesnā€™t need updating when the list of documents changes. So I keep a shared document containing links to other shared documents and send that to my readers. Obviously itā€™s not ideal for a large number of documents because you have to update the list and share the documents manually, but it works fine for me. Even better, actually, because I can include notes, instructions, and other content in the list document.

You can share a folder. The option disappears if you share a document inside the folder, though. To restore the ability to share a folder, first unshare all documents inside. Then the folder share menu will be available. Beware that sharing a folder also shares everything inside.

Well then give those people the UI candy that lets them think in documents, but donā€™t cripple users who need to share random sub trees