Settings menu still locked on tablet on mobile site

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

Open the Settings Pane on the mobile site (or the android app) from a tablet.

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

Ability to see ALL settins

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

Can only see whatever fits on screen. Pane is not scrollable.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?

Chrome on Android 6.0 (happens on the standard browser also and the app)

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

2 Likes

I think this is a duplicate report of this bug. It’s been a while and we really should fix this… bumped up in our priority queue!

Ah, a two month old bug.
Mobile gets no love. :expressionless:

We did investigate the bug back then, but no luck. The bug only happens on the tablet but not the phone, both for Android and iOS, which is unusual.

We’ll take a look at it again, but it’s not always straight-forward to fix bugs, putting in hours doesn’t guarantee any progress on a bug, unlike most other work. Rather than getting stuck on a bug and do nothing without first resolving it, we thought the most logical action is to resume working on other things to make some progress. I know it’s strange to people who’ve never done development, hopefully it makes sense.

It makes me think that we should post failed attempts to fix bugs in the future, so that it’s transparent that we’ve put in the effort to investigate the problem but failed to make progress. Plus there are a bunch of users who are also developers themselves; they can probably help a bit seeing how and why we failed to pinpoint the bug.

1 Like

I like this idea. Transparency does make people (or at least people like me) happier, because then no one can point fingers and feel like they’ve been ignored. (Not referring to my experience with Dynalist, but other products.)

Update: this should be fixed now upon refresh. Apps will receive this fix soon.

Thanks, that seemed to fix the white space scrolling bug that was happening too.

That’s something different but yeah they were fixed in the same release.