Searching with "OR" returns completed items differently with Flat vs regular search

Steps to reproduce

• Search a document that contains a checked item that also has two other properties to search for, in my case “within:-1m OR color:red”.
  • Set the global view for completed items to be hidden
  • Switch to Flat Search

Expected result

Completed/Checked items should be hidden in Flat Search as they are in the regular search view.

Actual result

Completed items are visible in Flat Search but not in regular search. Including “-is:completed” does not seem to have any effect when “OR” is included anywhere else in the search.

Environment

Which operating system are you using?
ChromeOS
Which browser are you using?
Chrome
If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack?
No

Additional information

Additional comments

Completed items doesn’t seem to show for me based on your steps.

Here’s what my search looks like:

If you add “is:completed” to anywhere in the query (including “-is:completed”), this will bypass the global hide completed item flag, which is intentional.

However, because OR query splitting takes priority, when you use a query like "within:-1m OR color:red -is:completed", it is interpreted as "within:-1m" OR "color:red -is:completed", where "within:-1m" will match items regardless of completion status. To achieve the desired effect you need to add "-is:completed" to both parts of the OR like this: "within:-1m -is:completed OR color:red -is:completed".