Right click menu drag

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

Right click item in folder or bookmark pane

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

Open context menu and item stays in place

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

The item moves with the cursor in the context menu

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?

Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)
The problem does not occur in Firefox.

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

I mentioned this a couple of months back, but it has persisted and I can lose data as a result. So I thought a screen capture might be good to clearly identify the problem.

I forgot how I replied a couple of months back, but I can’t reproduce this problem right now. Right clicking behaves normally, and even if I drag the document/folder while holding right click, I don’t see what’s in the screen capture.

If holding the mouse is not required, I think this bug is really easy to catch and we’d receive lots of reports. Maybe there’s some Chrome extension intervening?

Thanks for that feedback, @Erica. I tested different Chrome extensions and found that the culprit was Linkclump, which I am happy to do without. :relaxed:

1 Like

GREAT to hear! :slight_smile: