Paste in New Document Only Adds One Item

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

Create a new document,
Click on first entry
Paste multi-line text

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

Each line should be a new item.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

All the text pasted into first item instead, ignoring line breaks.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist?

Using Dynalist in Chrome on a MacBook.

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Deleting the pasted text and re-pasting works.

Additional comments

So youā€™re pasting in to the title, rather than the bullets, is that correct? I can repro in the title but not in the bullets.

Title:

Bullets:

That is not correct. Iā€™m pasting into the first bullet.

Here is the same information (grabbed from the front page of wikipedia) pasted twice. Once right after creating a new document, and another time into a document that was created earlier.

https://dynalist.io/d/GDz7PjU6HAmeykDasgMkXfQK

https://dynalist.io/d/-guHUMB8GRD2Mvt7NtkvN8XQ

I see, the time window to repro this is around 1 second to 1.5 seconds, which is shorter than I expected. Thatā€™s why I wasnā€™t able to repro the first time around.

This is what I observed: after you create a new document, the cursor stays on the first bullet for 1-1.5 seconds. At that time the bug happens. If you wait and do nothing during that time, the cursor will automatically be transferred to the document title, so that you can rename the document title from ā€œUntitledā€. After that, if you manually place the cursor back onto the first time, the bug no longer happens.

The correct behavior is that the cursor should go to the document title first. We should fix it, thanks for the catch!

1 Like

@Kerim: should be fixed in latest web app, could you please verify at your convenience? Thanks!

Yes. It seems to work better now. Thanks!

1 Like