Open image links in a lightbox, and more text formatting

Hi. I’m a medical student really excited about Dynalist. I was starting to use Workflowy but had found the features limited. Someone on reddit suggested Dynalist. So right now I’m trying to make some of my notes here. Example. The feature of hovering on an inline image is really good and very useful to me. However, there are a few limitations with it-

• The size of the image that appears on hovering is too small.
  • Clicking on the image opens a new tab which alters the workflow.
  • Hovering can’t be done on a mobile device and again, clicking will open the link in a browser.

So, my suggestion is to implement a lightbox viewer (like many WordPress websites use) for direct image links so that we can view the image on the same tab and return to it easily. The same can be used for a few video links like YouTube, Vimeo, Streamable (many WordPress websites implement this too). Could implement it for common image formats plus also GIF, GIFV, direct mp4 etc. with autoplay feature as that would speed up the work process quite a lot. Also give arrows to go to the next image on the page (if possible) and zoom option if possible, till 100% size. I think all this is fairly easy to develop.

Also, eagerly waiting for WYSIWYG layout. And more keyboard shortcuts. I’m presently using Evernote for most of my notes - Ctrl+K shortcut for adding a link is very fast. And there’s no shortcut for hyperlinking here on Dynalist. One of few things holding me back from completely shifting to Dynalist. You could add a keyboard shortcut (plus an icon for WYSIWYG) and auto-paste any copied link from the clipboard, detect image format in the URL and add an option to make it an in-line image.

I have another request that might be a little weird and not seen in many other apps. Just like we have the option to make a piece of text bold or italic (emphasis), I wanted something that is the opposite of bold - “under-emphasis” - i.e. greyed out or small sized text which can be applied to extra text not as important as the main text.

And also waiting for the Android app. Interested in beta testing. I am very interested in UX design myself and would love to provide feedback and suggestions directly.

Thank you for your work.

4 Likes

[quote=“Abdul_Kareem, post:1, topic:484, full:true”]
So, my suggestion is to implement a lightbox viewer (like many WordPress websites use) for direct image links so that we can view the image on the same tab and return to it easily. [/quote]

Love the idea!

It’s openly available now, by the way:

Also, very cool ideas.