Number list discontinuity (when expanded and/or collapsed)

Steps to reproduce

Create a numbered list (with parent and child)

Expected result

The numbers on the list keep the same numbers whether expanded or not.

Actual result

The numbers on the list change when the list is partially expanded.

Environment

Browser: Chrome (latest version)

Additional information

Additional comments

2 Likes

Did a quick test (latest version web) and canā€™t seem to repro it.

Am I missing something?

Not that I can think of. I have disabled all extensions to see if it is related to any errant extensions. Anyway, I will test again.

-F

Thanks much in advance!

I have the same problem. When I collapse the list the numbers are all consecutive, but when i expand items, the numbered items following the expanded items start at 1.

1 Like

I am experiencing this bug as well, also on Windows 7 and Chrome.

1 Like

@Anna_Weichselbraun @Jimmy_Borjesson

Sorry for the late reply, I still canā€™t repro it. Do you guys mind showing some screenshots of the discontinued numbering? You can blur out the text. I wonder if thereā€™s something special about the structure of the list that would make the bug appear.

Also, is your number list the document itself, or a list item inside a document?

Hereā€™s a gif showing the behaviour. It appears the same way on my Mac with Chrome, and on my Android phone.

dynalist-numbering-test

I see. I initially tried on the desktop app, but it looks like it only happens on the web app.

Most likely a recent Chrome update broke thisā€¦

We have tracked this bug on our todo list, and will fix it as soon as we can! Thanks again for letting us know. Iā€™ll update here when itā€™s fixed.

Great, thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@yyyguy @Anna_Weichselbraun @Jimmy_Borjesson:

Looks like itā€™s a Chrome 67 bug and will be fixed when 69 gets released to the public:

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=849107

The bug is also in the Desktop app (Windows 7). Iā€™m on Chrome 70.0.3538.102 (64-bit)

The desktop app for Linux 64 bit does this too.

Edit: Tried making my own desktop app using https://github.com/jiahaog/Nativefier, which used Electron v3.0.10 to wrap the webpage. I get the same behavior there so it might be an Electron issue. Have not tried it with the newly released Electron v4.0.0.

Edit 2: Electron v4.0.0 is running Chromium 69 so it will probably fix this.

Indeed, Electron v4.0.0 makes the numbering work. Any chance of a framework version bump in the native apps @Erica?

1 Like

Any update on this?

We plan to do the core updating soon. Itā€™s going to be more time-consuming that we anticipated though :frowning:

Understandable. I appreciate the update though!

This should be fixed in v1.2.0, could you please confirm when you have time? Thanks in advance!