No color labels in the Mac App

Steps to reproduce

Using the Mac App. I am unable to add color labels either view the item menu or keyboard shortcuts. The keyboard shortcuts do not seem to work at all. The color labels do not show up in the item menu.

Expected result

I expect these functions to work the same as they do when using the browser-based version of the app

Actual result

Using the Mac App. I am unable to add color labels either view the item menu or keyboard shortcuts. The keyboard shortcuts do not seem to work at all. The color labels do not show up in the item menu.

Environment

Mac 10.12.2. When using the browser version, Chrome for Mac v56.

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

Can you open Menu - About and see what version you’re on? You’re probably on an old version and need to restart the app to update it.

Hi Erica,
Thanks for the suggestion. I just did a restart and that seems to have resolved the issue. I should have thought to give that a try!

1 Like

No worries! Thanks for reaching out for help on the forum :slight_smile:

Hi, sorry for hijack your thread,

@Erica I found this exact problem still exist, on freshly downloaded app from Dynalist site. I also check the about menu, and it said everything is up to date. The web(Chrome) works fine though. I’m on macOS 10.12 FYI. Never found this problem on my Windows machine.

Something about the app scream ‘old version’ to me, like, there is just 2 theme (dark and light) - no sepia or Christmas in the theme section, for example. : /

No problem, the issue you’re describe certainly sound relevant.

It could be something wrong with the connection. Does the “About” menu still say up to date after a few minutes (or a few hours)? It can take some time to download the newest version from the background.

Hi,
I suspect my company’s internet to be at fault here with its proxy and all, so I tried redownload the app again using my own personal internet account, and voila! It works perfectly now! :slight_smile:
Thank you!

1 Like

Great! Now your client is finally up-to-date :slight_smile:

1 Like