Microsoft Teams Integration

My team recently switched from Slack to Microsoft Teams for work chat and one of the big features is being able to pin things to a conversation to collaborate on. This is a perfect example of a place where sharing Dynalist would be beneficial. If you could share individual lists with coworkers and have your regular chat integrated on top, I think it would make for an easy sell in the enterprise world.
If I’m not mistaken, Google’s new enterprise chat also includes pinning tabs so an embeddable version of Dynalist may be preferable from your perspective.

Hi Clayton,

Sorry that my knowledge of Microsoft teams is limited – could you be a bit more specific about how the suggested would work or look like, so I can get a better idea, and others can join the discussion too?

From what I understand so far, you want to be able to embed a Dynalist document in Microsoft Teams, and also have a sticky Microsoft Teams chat thing at the corner of your Dynalist. Is that what you meant?

So, Teams has feature that allows you to “pin” something to a channel. If you use Slack or something similar, just picture horizontal tabs at the top of the view and the first one is the chat.

Also, Teams displays chat threads in groups so that they can be rearranged, collapsed and always in the same view as the rest of the chat as opposed to Slack opening the thread in a different view. This functionality is used to automatically give every tab a dedicated thread that can be accessed from the multi-threaded conversation or the tab itself. In other words, a Dynalist integration would get baked in chat for free.

Tabs can be anything from Office files with real time collab to Polly channel results to a Trello board. Most options are custom integrations, but there’s a website option as a potential workaround. What would be cool about a custom integration is if a Dynalist could somehow be automatically shared with everyone in the chat. Then no one would ever need to be invited one by one and Dynalist could live where most other communication does for a software team.

Yeah, that would definitely be cool. We’ll have to see the Microsoft Team API and see if we can do that and how easy it is :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the great suggestions, by the way!