Make a link to the search aka query link

I can have many favorite searches in Bookmark pane.
But it’s no ability to make a folder for them.
Even if you’ll add folders for them I’ll be distracted from the context.
What what to have some kind of query link.
For example:
I have a folder structure

Hobby
- Index
- 3D printing
- Drawing

I use Index document to describe what in projects (other documents) and have shortcuts to important topics

I have different tags withing this projects like:

• #must
  • #action
  • #urgent
  • #tomorrow
  • #research
  • #question

What I want to check how many #actions, #urgent or #must tags I have
So I can add a link to the Index document like:

- 3D Printing
	- Actions to do <link to search #must ancestor:3D Printing><Number of matches>
- Drawing
	- Urgent <link to search #must ancestor:urgent><Number of matches>

In short:
Add a link to Search query, like we have on Bookmark tab but that I can put inline into the document and have a count of matches right to it.

This will give wide abilities to create statistic about document (and many more that other people will find)

If you click on the bookmark with query and copy the link in the address bar, you basically get a link to the search result page.

This is even more than what bookmarks do (they don’t display matches). Did you mean the counter that tag pane has?

Still, I don’t think inline search with constantly updating matches is practical. We need to update all those searches every few minutes in case the search result changes.

1 Like

@Erica It don’t really work. I have no address bar in Dynalist application.
Also it’s no any copy in a right click menu for a links (it been tacked here Right click menu on link have no copy button but not implemented yet)

Maybe add a way to copy search result link once you on the search result page (should be easy to implement)?

Still, I don’t think inline search with constantly updating matches is practical. We need to update all those searches every few minutes in case the search result changes.

You can show it on hover, so it’ll be triggered by user and you won’t need to update it every few minutes

Sorry for the late reply, yeah, that would be easy to implement, unlike the live count (which needs to be updated in the background constantly).

I made a new feature request to track it better: Easy way to copy link of global search or flat search page (And hopefully others will find it useful too)

not sure where to put this tip but I think I figured out the solution (and I couldn’t find a clear answer on how to do it exactly, even tho its straightforward)

Ok so I had to do it in the browser, I couldn’t do it on the Mac App directly.

So I logged into dynalist on safari…
-clicked on my bookmark so the search came up
-then copied the URL from safari
-then pasted that URL into a dynalist child node or whatever…
-and a perfect link is now there as a box

and the link shows up great on all apps now