Steps to reproduce
I don’t know any way to reproduce this bug.
When entering and saving lists, I expect:
- software to close correctly after save
- restart then display all lists
- all lists to be synced with the web based version
- couldn’t close the client windows, had to kill it. All other features worked fine, and I have been working on it for half the afternoon.
- 90% of the lists disapeared, wasting 3 hours of work. 2 files misteriously are here and up to date. This is despite the fact that I saved regularly, and that the client sync indicator displayed the sync animation, then stated “saved” every time.
- web based version has none of the files I have locally
Which operating system are you using? Ubuntu 16.04
Which browser are you using? Epiphany
If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist? Desktop client version is 1.2.2.
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack? No. I discovered your software today, and I just freshly installed it.
Log files in /home/user/.config/Dynalist/dynalist don’t reveal any error.
Directory /home/user/.config/Dynalist/dynalist/data/Mhc_IAh2e2LgS9QNQ9Ubq4-W seems to contains some JSON data of the lists I created, even things from the ones I lost. So the data may still be here, but only partially displayed, and not synced. I have no way to be sure or to know why.
I wish to help you to solve this bug, but I’d appreciate if you could give me a procedure to attempt recovering the data from the JSON files in /home/user/.config/Dynalist/dynalist/data/Mhc_IAh2e2LgS9QNQ9Ubq4-W. Even if I have to write a JS/python script to do so. I really don’t want to type all that again.