Landscape issue

Steps to reproduce

Get an iPhone launch the Dynalist app. In a file create a new bullet and add a due date
Choose the date and put a time by typing in the box rotate iPhone to landscape.

Expected result

Actual result

The screen is out of whack and cannot get out of that option to go back. Can not zoom out or scroll back

Environment

Which operating system are you using? iOS 13.2
Which browser are you using? Dynalist app
If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist? iOS app
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack? No

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

1 Like

Iā€™ll take a look. What iPhone are you using btw?

Iphone xs max eunning ios 13.2

I must be doing something wrong hereā€¦ Can you send me a screenshot of before you rotate, and after you rotate? If you can record a video of the whole process itā€™d be even better.

Thanks!

This is the date menu before rotating

Notice the text cursor is in place now after rotating

But after i hide the keyboard and rotate back

And

And

I hope this helps

Doesnā€™t look like the images are showing up ā€“ you can directly paste/drag them to upload to the forum.

Does this work i can see what I uploaded. Is there a direct email If this does not work?

OK I can see that happening on my side. Seems to be some kind of iOS bug that weā€™re running intoā€¦

For a workaround, you can close the keyboard by pressing ā€œDoneā€, rotate to Landscape, and rotate back. Weā€™ll see if this can be fixed through a native patch.

1 Like

Iā€™m seeing this too. Will this be fixed? Itā€™s been around for a while. Makes the app feel really buggy and unoredictable. Iā€™m laying down on a couch or bed and even accidentally rotate my phone and boom, Half of my screen disappears.

I concur. Devs if itā€™s hard to fix the landscape issue can you please implement an option to ALWAYS portrait mode? Hereā€™s my use case:

Iā€™m standing. I look at my phone, tap an item to type some stuff. I look up, from my phone to think, let my arm relax to my side. Phone goes landscape mode. DynaList activates the above bug. I look at my phone again and it returrns to portrait. This is an extremely common occurrence.

I donā€™t use landscape anyway, too few lines of text. If I could have an app-specific option to never rotate DynaList, I would be satisfied.

Seems like weā€™ve never gotten around to a fix for this. Iā€™ve taken a look but I wasnā€™t able to fix it quickly.

As for locking into portrait mode, Iā€™ve always just used iOSā€™s native orientation lock. Maybe thatā€™s not desirable for your use case but I found that Iā€™ve often disabled screen rotation precisely because of the issue you described even in other apps.

Yes but thatā€™s a pain because I want other apps to go sideways. And I switch back and forth.

Understandable, weā€™ll see what we can do on our next iOS release.

Fixed! Will be released in 1.4.4.

1 Like