It's hard to check things off with my iPhone se

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

Hitting the checkbox only focuses the list to the item I was trying to check off :rage: I really love your list manager but this makes the checkbox feature unusable and makes me want to go back to Google keep for my checklists and to-do lists

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

1 Like

Hi @Jon_T, thanks for the report!

Could you please check the version of your app? Are you using the latest version which is 1.1.13? I’m asking because we fixed a problem related to checkboxes not being easy to tap on mobile in an earlier version.

Hi @Jon_T, sorry for digging this up :grimacing:! We’re cleaning up the bugs and would like to know if the bug is still happening to you? If not we’ll close this bug :slight_smile:

Hey, this is happening to me and this is very annoying. I came to this website only to say this. Please fix this. This is my biggest problem with your app currently.

Hopefully this is loud enough.

I have similar problem on Sony XZ1 Compact. On 4.6" screen hitbox of checkbox is really small and I have about 70% chance I’ll not check it when trying. Having larger hitbox would definitely be better UX for me.

For what it’s worth, I have a bigger phone so this might not help you, I prefer to use the Check command on the bottom toolbar.

Another option as you have the pro account is to change the CSS on mobile. You could for example make the bullet not react to tapping so the checkbox will be easier. You could also change something about the checkbox styling that achieves your goal.

On Android, luckily I have Quick Dynalist - a 3rd party Dynalist app with a nice “swipe left” or “swipe right” to check off or delete sort of UI. Try it out and compare if you haven’t, it’s free. It also has a nice a “Send to Inbox” widget.

Thanks @Alan and @BigChungus for help

Custom CSS is the way :slight_smile: - changing widths of different parts of line and making checkbox div 15px wider fixed my problem.

I tried check command on bottom, but it is worse UX, because in this case I need three clicks instead of one and the keyboard shows up.

As for Quick Dynalist - “Send to Inbox” widget is great, I’ll be using it a lot for sure. Rest of app is less useful for me, I rely on bookmarks in my workflow and as far as I can see they are not in the app.

could you post the relevant CSS? thanks.

.is-mobile .Node-checkbox::after {
    left: 15px;
}
.is-mobile .Node-checkbox {
    padding-left: 12px;
    padding-right: 15px;
}
.Node.has-checkbox > .Node-self .Node-contentContainer, .Node.has-checkbox > .Node-self .Node-noteContainer {
    width: calc(100% - 61px);
}
1 Like

Thanks, very helpful!