The window does not look right and only white blanks are visible

Environment

Windows 10 x64 Professional 1607 14393.693
Dynalist newest version

Additional information

Additional comments

1 Like

Thanks for the report!

We got a few reports of this but has yet to be able to reproduce the problem.

Some users mentioned that they created a document/folder on the desktop app before closing, is that what happened to you too?

Also we suspect it has something to do with memory usage. Did you leave it open for a long time (longer than 24 hours maybe?).

I created folders and documents.

The computer and the dynilist have not been on for a long time.
but, “hibernation” is used.

I saw rebooting after seeing the answer.
The results were the same.

Three processes remain even after closing the window.
When I wait without closing it with Task Manager, I see the following error window.

[Window Title]
Error

[Main Instruction]
A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

[Content]
Uncaught Exception:
SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
    at get_string (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Dynalist\resources\app.asar\index.js:444:20)
    at IncomingMessage.end_cb (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Dynalist\resources\app.asar\index.js:202:3)
    at emitNone (events.js:91:20)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:185:7)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:974:12)
    at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:74:11)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:98:9)

Thanks for the error trace, that would be really helpful to us!

The same situation
windows10 64bit

Is this still happening in an inconsistent way for everyone?

By inconsistent I mean there’s no known way to make the problem with certain steps, starting from a clean (working) state.

Update:

We spent quite some time investigating the blank screen problem and determined that there are two places where this can possibly happen. We’ve fixed problem 1, and added error message for problem 2 so that it’s more informative. We didn’t fix problem 2 since it seems unlikely, but we still want to confirm whether it’s problem 2 causing the white screen.

Going forward, if you run into the white screen bug in 1.0.21 or higher (when the fix was introduced), please let us know if you run into any more blank screen incidents! A blank screen with an error trace would mean it’s problem 2, confirming our hypothesis. A blank screen with nothing on it would indicate that it’s neither problem 1 nor 2, meaning we need to look harder to find other potential problems that would cause the blank screen.

Thanks guys, and so sorry for the trouble.

hi

I read the article, got a new build and ran it

The bug I reported was gone.

If it is found again, I will report it immediately.

Thank you for your support.

1 Like

Thank you!

Please make sure your client is at least updated to 1.0.21, as that’s when we introduced our intended fix. Sorry for the inconveniences earlier!