Is there a way to turn off "instant" search in dynalist? [So it does not display results until ENTER Key is pressed]

The title, basically.
Is there a way to turn off “instant” search in dynalist? [So it does not display results until ENTER Key is pressed]

Searching a large document slows down the app and it sometimes freezes as i type a couple of characters[due to the huge number of matches].

Usually my searches are specific and complicated, so if the app could wait until I pressed Enter, there would not be any responsiveness issues.
Hopefully this is not too hard to implement.

I couldn’t find anything on google, so if someone can confirm this does not exist, then I will move this to a feature request.

Thanks.

I can’t think of a way offhand.

Sub-optimal ideas:

• Type the search in the address bar or notepad, then paste it into the dynalist search bar
  • Buy more RAM for your computer. When RAM is full, it can slow processes way down due to constant memory paging
  • Switch from Chrome to Firefox, which tends to need less RAM
  • Split your document into smaller documents. It only loads 1 document into RAM. Sounds like it’s getting a bit to big for your computer to handle. In-document search is all performed in-browser, not server side, so a better computer will make things snappy again.
1 Like

All excellent and useful ideas.

I forgot that once the document is loaded, my internet is not the bottle neck.

I will use these to optimize searching.

As an aside, is this something that would be worth implementing as a feature, or is it too niche/complicated to bother with?

You could type your search, copy it, and then go to the search command.