Inline pictures not showing in App - iPhone

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

I made the setting on my laptop to show inline pictures

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

should show inline pictures in my dynalist
show it on all my devices

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?
it shows it on laptop
there is only a white small square on my mobile device

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Mac 10.15 | iOS13
Which browser are you using? dyna software
If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist? latest
Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack? no

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

1 Like

Could you post a screenshot of what you see? I think there was another post about a similar issue sometimes back.

Happens on all devices - iPhone or android

Another report of this issue: Images not rendered inline on iOS

Following up this issue: For those that doesnā€™t show inline images, are those inline images from external sources, or image uploads to Dynalist. Has anyone tried both and see which one worked or did neither work?

Still the same also added an image from Dropbox as inline image url, in Web and macOS it works fine on my iPhone and iPad itā€™s an square icon with no fill.

Hopefully this can be fixed, also like to have an option to have an setting to choose your image in 3 views - large -medium and small.

So youā€™re saying external sources (3rd party hosted images) donā€™t show up either, right?

Yep that is the case

Iā€™ve been looking for similar issues online - This one seems to say it could be due to the type of image (jpeg vs png/gif). Has anyone noticed whether this applies to .jpg files as well?

It also not worked when jpg is uploaded, not on iOS or iPadOS, there is no problem with Web and macOS. Any progress in determine what the problem is for this bug ?

Iā€™ve shipped an attempt to fix it on the latest version that went out today. Did it have any impact at all?

Nope sorry i tested this morning :disappointed_relieved:

Iā€™ve been experiencing the same problem. Based on the comments on a similar question here, I logged out of the app and then logged in again, and now the images show up, including new ones that Iā€™ve uploaded since logging back in.

Iā€™m on an iPad Pro 10.5ā€ running iPadOS 13.4, and Iā€™m using version 1.4.2 of the Dynalist app.

Soā€¦ were my credentials somehow failing when the app checked them to determine whether to display the images, and they only passed after I logged out and back in?

Another possible helpful bit of info: It would take too long for me to go through and check every entry, but I think today may have been the first time ever that I tried adding an image directly via the iPadOS app. Itā€™s also plausible that up until today, Iā€™d never logged out of the app and back in, so Iā€˜d been using the app after logging in only once.

Just trying to share all random details I can think of to help you track down the issueā€¦ :cowboy_hat_face:

Thank you for the additional details! That sounds like some interesting discoveries and I will investigate further with this.

1 Like

I believe Iā€™ve found conclusive evidence that itā€™s indeed a credential issue. Will be fixed in the next patch!

Hello, Iā€™m not sure whether this thread is still alive, but I have the same issue on my iPhone. Usually, Iā€™m uploading inline images using the macOS Dynalist app, but on my iPhone, I see only rectangles (as on the screenshot Inline pictures not showing in App - iPhone ). I tried to logout and login, but no luck ā€“ please help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

+1
I got this problem too.

2 Likes

Same. Images not showing in app. iPhone. I realize Iā€™m a bit late here.

I have also had this problem for some time. Most inline images show up in my iPhone app as blue squares with question marks. But when using Dynalist via any web browser on my iPhone, the images appear correctly. Have tried logging out/in and deleting/reinstalling the app, but still getting the same result.