Include Files as part of the Daily Backup or in Export Options

So far I can retrieve all of my Dynalist Documents, but not content “embedded” within them.

I’m not looking to leave Dynalist any time soon, but it would be nice to have a backup in my Google Drive/Dropbox.

4 Likes

Except for the concern that this may max out your Google Drive/Dropbox account, I think this is a good idea. This way the backup is fully offline.

Do you expect the links to work, or is it just a backup for files? (i.e. files don’t have hierarchy, they are just all put in the same “Uploads” folder)

1 Like

Ah, good point. Hopefully support for Amazon Cloud Drive will be added in the future. Yes, or accessible in other places.

I don’t know what you mean by having the links just work.

I would prefer a hierarchy by placing them into folders of the documents they came from, if it was possible.

At the very least, the file name should match the part of the link that would lead to it, so that way it would be easy to compare to if necessary.

Just looked up Amazon Cloud Drive. Looks like good stuff!

Sorry for not explaining it further. I meant that the relative links still work with the exported documents. For example, if we export to HTML files in the future, you can actually see the correct images inside those HTML files because the relative path is preserved.

Got it! That’s what I was thinking too.

1 Like

Ah, ok, thank you for elaborating. That does make sense. So I guess it’s something the “file manager” could take care of. I think I’ll make a separate post for that.

That’s a bummer that files are not included in backups/exports :frowning:

I look forward to this feature being added :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would love that option, to sync files to a cloud storage, and ideally with exports that the links function.

2 Likes